By utilizing any product, service, or website offered by Pipelyft, whether directly provided by us or through a third party (each, a "Pipelyft Service"), you are subject to this Pipelyft Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP"). The purpose of this AUP is to ensure adherence to laws and regulations applicable to the Pipelyft Service, safeguard the interests of our clients and their customers, and protect our reputation and goodwill. Your agreement to these terms is required, as access to the Pipelyft Service is contingent upon your acceptance. By using the Pipelyft Service, you automatically consent to abide by these terms.
By using any Pipelyft Service, you are subject to this AUP. All our clients must adhere to this policy and bear responsibility for any breaches. It is prohibited to aid or involve others in AUP violations. To ensure compliance, we employ suitable measures, including complaint and email failure monitoring. Violations of this AUP may result in the suspension or termination of your Pipelyft Services, as outlined in our Terms of Service.
We periodically update these terms and will notify you of any changes through application notifications. You are expected to review the AUP regularly and maintain ongoing compliance.
1. Reporting AUP Violations
We urge recipients of email messages sent via the Pipelyft Service to report any suspected AUP violations by forwarding the received email, including FULL headers, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We have a dedicated policy to thoroughly investigate all such reports and respond accordingly as we deem appropriate.
We take any of these reports very seriously and will investigate all such reports and respond accordingly as we deem appropriate. Your cooperation in reporting known or suspected AUP violations is essential to maintaining the integrity of our services.
2. Prohibited Email Actions
2.1. You may not use Pipelyft to send spam. Spam can be in the form of bulk email or one to one commercial emails.
You are strictly prohibited from utilizing the Pipelyft Service in any manner, whether directly or indirectly, to send, transmit, handle, distribute, or deliver:
- Spam that violates the CAN-SPAM Act or any other applicable law.
- Email to an address obtained through Internet harvesting methods or any surreptitious means, such as scraping or harvesting.
- Email to an incomplete, inaccurate, and/or non-updated address lacking all relevant opt-out notifications, notwithstanding the use of industry best efforts and practices.
- Commercial electronic messages in violation of Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation.
- Any activity that contravenes the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
2.2. You are strictly prohibited from using any misleading or false names, addresses, email addresses, or subject lines when utilizing the Pipelyft Service.
Moreover, email messages sent, or initiated to be sent, via the Pipelyft Service must not:
- Incorporate or contain invalid or forged headers.
- Utilize invalid or non-existent domain names.
- Employ any techniques to misrepresent, conceal, or obscure information that identifies the point of origin or transmission path.
- Utilize deceptive addressing methods.
- Employ a third party's internet domain name without obtaining their explicit consent or relayed from or through a third party's equipment without their permission.
- Contain false or misleading information in the subject line or any other content.
- Use our trademark(s), tagline(s), or logo(s) without our prior written consent and only if in compliance with our trademark usage guidelines.
2.3. Emailing purchased lists is strictly prohibited.
You are not allowed to use the Pipelyft Service to email:
- Lists that have been purchased, rented, or borrowed.
- Lists that are likely to generate an excessive number of unsubscribe requests or spam complaints or notices, as determined by acceptable industry practices.
3. Email Opt-out Requirements
You agree that every email you send or is sent on your behalf using the Pipelyft Service will fulfill the following criteria:
- It will contain header information that is accurate and not misleading.
- It will include a notice to the recipient that they have the option to unsubscribe, opt-out, or request the cessation of unsolicited, impermissible, and/or inappropriate communications, as described in this AUP. The email will also provide instructions on how the recipient can notify you of their desire to unsubscribe, opt-out, or stop such use of their information.
You are solely responsible for ensuring that any features provided by the Pipelyft Service pertaining to recipient unsubscribing or opt-out capabilities are configured to comply with the data protection policies in your region. If any requirements of these policies are not fulfilled by the features supplied in the Pipelyft Service, it is your responsibility to meet those requirements independently.
Furthermore, you assure that you will promptly adhere to all opt-out, unsubscribe, "do not call," and "do not send" requests from recipients.
4. No Disruption
You agree not to:
- Utilize the Pipelyft Service in a manner that disrupts the normal operation, privacy, integrity, or security of another person's property, including but not limited to their account(s), domain name(s), URL(s), website(s), network(s), system(s), facilities, equipment, data, other information, or business operations.
- Employ any automated system, such as "robots," "spiders," or "offline readers," that generates more request messages to our servers within a specific timeframe than a human could reasonably produce using a conventional browser.
- Use the Pipelyft Service to gain unauthorized access to, use, monitor, or reference another person's property without their explicit prior consent.
- Engage in activities that result in the blacklisting of any Pipelyft IP addresses, Pipelyft domains, or Pipelyft customer domains.
Examples of prohibited actions include, but are not limited to, hacking, spoofing, denial of service, mailbombing, and sending any email containing viruses, propagating worms, or any malware, whether spyware, adware, or similar files or programs.
These restrictions apply regardless of your intent and cover both intentional and unintentional actions.
5. Proper Usage of the Pipelyft Service
In addition to the other requirements stated in this AUP, you are strictly prohibited from (directly or indirectly) using the Pipelyft Service with content or in a manner that may:
- break the law or encourage any unlawful activity;
- send or upload anything that is (or might be considered to be) defamatory, offensive, obscene or discriminatory;
- infringe our or anyone else’s intellectual property rights (for example, by using or uploading someone else’s content);
- transmit any harmful software code such as viruses;
- try to gain unauthorized access to computers, data, systems, accounts or networks;
- deliberately disrupt the operation of anyone’s website, app, server or business;
- change any element of our platform (which means, in particular, that you are not allowed to adapt, reverse-engineer or decompile it, or try to extract the source code from the Pipelyft platform, including by inserting new code, either directly or through the use of another app or piece of software (except where any of this is allowed by law);
- combine, use or merge the Pipelyft Platform with or in any other computer program other than as envisaged by the Services for purposes of integration with your sales process;
- distribute or sell the Pipelyft Platform to any third party unless authorized to do so;
- deliberately attempt to avoid or manipulate any security features included in the Pipelyft Platform; or
- pretend that the Pipelyft Platform is your own or make it available for others to download or use (including by way of copying the code of any element of the Pipelyft Platform and creating an independent version).
- promote, encourage, or facilitate: hate speech, violence, discrimination based on race, color, sexual orientation, marital status, gender or identity expression, parental status, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship and/or any other characteristic protected by law.
6. General Terms
In the event of a breach of this AUP or failure to respond within a reasonable timeframe after being notified of a potential breach, we reserve the right to immediately suspend your access to the Pipelyft Service. Additionally, access may be suspended as outlined in our Customer Terms of Service. In cases where this AUP is violated, we may terminate your subscription agreement accordingly.
You acknowledge that we may disclose information regarding your usage of any Pipelyft Service to comply with any applicable law, regulation, government request, court order, subpoena, or other legal process. We will provide you with notice of such required disclosures unless confidentiality is legally mandated.
While we are not obligated to do so, we may choose to remove any prohibited materials and deny access to individuals who violate this AUP. Furthermore, we reserve all other rights.
Please note that this AUP may be updated or changed at any time. Any such updates or changes will be posted on http://pipelyft.com/acceptable-use-policy.